Sunday, July 3, 2011

A LETTER TO MISS ANNE BRONTE


Dear Miss Anne Bronte,

Pardon me for my prose for I know it does not meet the requirements for which I believe is in accordance to your standard; but although I know it didn’t really matter much for this is just a letter, still, an apology is necessary for you’re an instructor—an accomplished teacher even, and it’s not right for me not to write well. However, another apology I would have to ask from you because of how I judged your novel; which turned out to be something that I really will treasure.
Agnes Grey: a novel which I thought was a mere narration of what a governess was; her sufferings and her thoughts about almost everything—what’s right and what’s wrong. A novel which; I thought, the plot was quite predictable, although I’m not questioning the intelligence of how it was done. I never thought how I could relate so much about it and even thanked you for writing it. I never could have imagined that I was really normal; that such feelings described in your accounts was a reality in mine. If only I was born in your time or you in mine, I would have liked to get to you and give you my warmest hug.
I pray that you will able to accept my apologies, and hope that even if you’re no longer here on earth, you’ll still be able to read this letter I made for you. I know that you’re an angel now so that my apologies won’t be hard to accept. J
Thank you once again and please extend my regards to your sisters, Charlotte and Emily, although I’m going to write them a letter as well and, oh yes, Miss Jane Austen, whom I’m sure you have already met in heaven even if you’re not of the same generation, she will have my letter too and I hope you all won’t mind.
Your friend,


Miss Jessa Lynn Marie Mangubat


P.S. you look like Taylor Swift of today! :)

2 comments:

  1. how cute.. didn't know you have a blog... keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks faye.., this is a new one.., i just banned the other one! :)

    ReplyDelete